Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stress

Such a busy week filled with tons of conference, presentations and reports.

International symposium on inflammation and redox signaling organised by my professor.

Because it is organised by our lab, we have to prepare EVERYTHING for the seminar. From procurement of refreshments, making of name tags for registered guests and speakers and pasting posters and direction tags around SNU.

Wednesday was the start of the preparation and I had to stay till 8+pm justt waiting around for them to decide what to let me help out. I really hate it when they discuss in korean and we ( foreigners) stand aside just waiting for their delegation. It feels kinda idiot to me.

So nowdays, if they don't speak to me in English, I will just go back to my seat. And instead of korean, I'm speaking to them in English. Its really annoying when its apparent that my korean is not that good yet they keep rumbling to me in korean. Esp when delegating tasks! Its not that I dislike communicating in korean, there is a time and place for everything. I stayed till 8+pm and obviously my temper is not good and here you come yakking to me in Korean wasting our time because I take 5mins to figure out what the heck you are trying to ask me to do.

Simple things that can be accomplished within 1min requires 5mins. I really don't like doing things slow. How ironical. Korean culture is FAST FAST FAST. But when it boils down to serious stuff, I find that they spend most of their time discussing instead of doing.

Alright, so I waited till 8+ only to hear, ok you can go home cause they were also confused and do not know what to do. I am totally emotionless and they said I look depressed recently.

Haha well. I'm not really that bubbly and lively when the night falls and I'm still in the lab. Its not depression I wana tell them. Its stress and the 'I don't understand what the hell they are thinking' emotion.

Anw! It snowed on Wednesday! Maybe that's the reward? My 1st snow! But it wasn't really that nice. It looks like rain. White flakes fly in all directions and brolly is useless. It wasn't really cold so the snow melt once it touches the ground. I'm waiting for Dec! The thick white snowy Dec! =D

The international conference is on Sat so I had to drag my ass outta bed at 630am! Freaking 630am on a SAT!!! The purpose, to continue preparing for the seminar that is to start at 9am.


>.<

Save me! I was so tired that I can eat and slp at the same time. Me and my friend slept throughout the seminar. 9-5PM. Of coz we woke up for lunch and coffee breaks in between.

I swear to myself I will not step into another similar lab setting in my life! I like organising events but NOT this kind.

Sometimes I will have a tinge of regret on pursuing Masters... Its so lifeless and no freedom. I couldn't even take 2 days of leave!!

MSc students are 365 DAYS in the freaking lab.

I feel sad when people around me cannot understand the difficulties of me applying day off from lab. Korean culture is different. I have to report to lab even on Sat.

So pls do not ask me when I have classes or school or wadever shit.

I am in school 365 DAYS 930AM - 6PM ( though I predict more OTs)

I really hope my friends and family can visit me but it is beyond my control to be able to accompany them throughout.

I did well for my Mid-term and presentations :) hehe.. I'm quite happy.

I hope to work in USA when I graduate or maybe in my prof's lab in US. haha hope~~

~ The fireworks in life ~

No comments:

Post a Comment