Thursday, February 4, 2010

High1 Ski Resort

Location: High1 Ski resort in Gangwon Island.

Gangwondo is supposed to be the coldest place in Korea and has the first snowfall. Maybe due to its most northern location beside the Sorak Mountains.

Upon reaching there, only 1 word to describe: COLD + Trembling.

Departed on Friday after sharkie end his work. Why I don't have to report to lab? aha remember I have 2weeks off due to lab renovation!

Took a train to Express bus terminal and bought tickets to erm, somewhere in Gangwondo. 3hrs bus journey. It was already 10pm by the time we reached. Checked into the motel just beside the bus terminal. So we can bought a bus to High1 immediately the next morning.

haha remember about my previous post on the motels near SNU station? Well, suprinsingly motels in those suburban areas are very nice and big and most importantly ECONOMICAL. haha KRW 30,000- 50,000 per night. The only down side is some of the rooms smell of cigarette. Koreans love to smoke.

The ones we stayed in gangwon and taebaek area are not bad. No smoky smell. But once night approaches, those little hooligans come out and play. Quite dangerous if you are roaming ard by yourself.

High1 ski is superb! The slopes are dam it long and I took 1hr for my 1st snowboard down.

From peak of 1425m to the base! Woohoo! Ultimate happiness and pain. =)

The lift ride up is chilly. VERY chilly. Sharkie is afraid of heights and squirms around, don't dare to look at the beautiful scenery. Lousy! =D

The view is breathtaking. Snow-capped firs trees, pine trees... I LOVE WINTER SPORTS!

Conquered all the beginner slopes(Zeus) and I'm so happy! Haha don't laugh at me coz I don't wear skiing gear bt only a pink stocking!

PS: High1 has cute ski petrol! =D =D But of course, my sharkie is cuter! wahaha! So here's a cute pic of him for you to enjoy *o*
Oliver Twist in distress.
Look at the long white slopes behind us. For those experts.

The base.
''Dare you challenge me?'' He risked my frostbite fingers to take this pic =(
Yes, we skiied frm 1130am till dusk falls.
Here I come!
Pippi long stocking off to sb!
The queue is ridiculously long.

My only hope of riding in a sled is gone when I saw this =(
The rob-a-bank condos and hotels. Min 250,000KRW/night.
Lift and gondola pass.
Onboard the lift to the summit. Winter makes ur pores small! =D
The entrance.

Practising my Left and Right turn + brake.

My sunshine! =D

Why do I see the chef there? Beats me. haha maybe collect natural snow water for his atas revolving restaurant on the summit. We wanted to dine at the rest but 1. Ex. 2. No time.

Beginner slope.
See! The motel has flat screen PC with free internet. Not to mention the free ride up to High1 ski resort volunteered by the motel's owner.

The uber clean toilet with pretty tiles and a whole 500ml shampoo and bath cream for you to use. Unlike those mini sized hotel toiletries. haha aint I loving these cute motels?
PS: But if I have the money, I would love to stay in the ski resort condo and try night skiing. =(
To help me develop my talent, you can feel free to donate. =D








No comments:

Post a Comment