Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Letter to me

Dear Diary,

The wind chime outside my window tinkles softly. The trees are green all year round. Nothing has changed- much.

''It is not cold anymore. Spring is coming.'' I read on a Seoul meetup website. I must have too much time on hand in Spore that so much is going through my head when I read this. Time pass really fast. Soon 2 yrs will be up and I'll be returning to where all my dreams originated.

A part of me don't want to return. It feels like I've worked hard to achieve what I have- the freedom, the new sights, the independence, the feeling of accomplishment...I don't want them to end- not so soon.

When season changes, the trees become bare, the cold wind chill your spine mercilessly, no sight of life. I hate the cold, hate the dull sky, hate the early dusk but when I begin to find my own way of liking this season, it ends. An analogy to my 2yrs stay. Maybe when I begin to feel comfy, I need to leave this dream....

People change (yes,my weight included haha). Many times I cannot admit the fact that I want to run away. Far away. To escape all the daggers unknowingly thrown to us, to escape all the superficiality, to be true to myself.

The grey region sucked me in like a whirlpool. I need to get out- fast.

Nobody admits. Everybody hides. Everybody doubts. I can smile, laugh and joke but thoughts tucked deep beneath cannot be erased, only hidden. Those thoughts and sights resurfaced. I have a million questions but they will never be answered.

I just hope people are not so selfish and understands that this affects me too. Nobody understands.

I will be like a fish out of water if I don't find myself back. I cannot cling on old memories to live. I pursue my dreams and create new memories as I live.

When will yesterday is back again?

Everything needs to have a balance.

I hope like the season, after the heartless winter we can feel spring's love again...No matter how long it takes, I'll wait and hope for that day. That is when I can stop worrying and face everyone truely. That is when the skies are clear and nobody cries. That is when I will stop escaping.

Seasons change expectedly but humans, unexpectedly...

I have another new dream to pursue, to go abroad again....

Sincerely,
Yours.




1 comment: