Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Pepero Day

Anyong! Happy Pepero Day! ^o^

Pepero Day is akin to Valentines Day in Korea and couples/friends will exchange gifts (usually Pepero sticks).

Because 11/11 remsembles Pepero sticks hence, that's how this day came about.

Lotte Pepero sticks are the original and if I am not wrong, Lotte came up with this idea.

Smart marketing.

Unsurprisingly, Japan tried to come up with Pocky Day but failed due to poor response.

Koreans take this day seriously.

Seniors gave me pepero.

Vendors gave us boxes of pepero.

My korean friend asked me if I receive pepero.

Many stalls are selling pepero gift baskets with bears n flowers.

Koreans really have many 'Valentines' to celebrate. In additon, they have V-day, white day & black day.

V-Day: Feb 14 Valentines. Needless to explain.

White Day: Mar 14 Guys will receive chocs frm their gf as a token of love.

Black day: Apr 14 aka Jajangmyeon day is the most hilarious and absurb day I have ever heard of. Singles who don't receive anything will gather together and drown their sorrows by eating jajangmyeong which is black in color, hence the name. Sometimes, stalls might even offer free noodles for singles. Haha I will scout for such stalls on that day! ^^

Is that why 99.9999% of korean guys are attached? Sometimes I wonder if they really like each other or just for the company and not to feel left out during these weird occasion.

I must go research more. This is interesting- their youngster culture.

~ Coloring my world & I'm glad I met you ~

Happy Pepero Day! ^o^

1 comment: